At some point in our lives, we all have to take care of someone else — whether that’s a child, a spouse, an elderly parent… or even a pet.
That can be hard work… not to mention incredibly stressful. And most of the time, we focus so much on the needs of our loved ones that we forget — or don’t have time — to really take care of ourselves.
Well, my guest on today’s episode of The Dr. Gundry Podcast learned that lesson the hard way.
J.J. Virgin is a certified health expert, podcaster, New York Times bestselling author, and the founder of the Mindshare Summit, a yearly conference for health and wellness influencers.
In 2012, J.J.’s teenage son was struck by a hit-and-run driver and left for dead, sending J.J. and her family on a years-long journey of surgeries, hospitals, and therapies.
In the process, J.J. learned why the most important thing she could do for her son was to take care of herself first.
On this episode, J.J. and I chat about her son’s incredible story of recovery and discuss some simple tips for reaching your health and weight loss goals — plus, J.J. shares her #1 secret for living a longer, healthier life.
Not only that, you’re also going to learn one of the most critical supplements for keeping you and your brain healthy and strong and how YOU can stick to your diet and weight loss goals — even while you’re traveling.
So don’t miss this one!
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How the sound of J.J.’s voice may have saved her son’s life (10:45)
- The “secret code word” that nearly brought a man back from the dead (13:15)
- Why waking up a patient in a coma is NOTHING like the movies (hint: It’s terrifying) (16:20)
- The one “weird” change in mindset that can help you deal with even the craziest setbacks life can throw at you (20:30)
- 3 tips ANYONE can use to transform their mental and physical health (at no cost and in just 5 minutes a day) (24:40)
- My “elementary school” trick for helping you achieve your health and weight loss goals (26:15)
- Why holding grudges and seeking revenge only hurt YOU (and one easy tip for moving on) (27:45)
- This common condition may be the single biggest threat to human health today and THIS is what you can do about it
- Why J.J. thinks this common condition is the single biggest threat to human health today (and what you can do about it) (34:45)
- The ONE “brain supporter” missing from your diet (PLUS: Why everyone should be getting more of it) (38:00)
- Why this popular probiotic food may actually be hurting your gut (43:00)
- What NEVER to eat on an airplane and a few super simple tips for easily traveling on a diet (45:30)
Mentioned on this episode:
If you like this episode, you may also enjoy: