Recipe provided by Grass Roots Farmers’ Cooperative
Raise your hand if you love chocolate. And how about bacon? What if you combined both to create a delectably rich dessert? This chocolate bacon fudge is jam-packed with protein, good fats, and heart-healthy polyphenols. Enjoy it with a creamy Bulletproof Turmeric Latte or other warming drink for the perfect afternoon pick-me-up.
In partnership with Grass Roots Farmers Cooperative, this fudge is the perfect treat for when you need a dose of sweetness, minus the energy crash.
Chocolate Bacon Fudge
Start to Finish: 90 minutes (35 minutes active)
- 2 slices of Grass Roots bacon
- ½ cup coconut oil (at room temperature)
- 1 cup of almond butter (at room temperature)
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2-4 tablespoons Swerve powdered sugar depending on how sweet you want it (or other favorite Bulletproof-approved sweeter)
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with foil. Lay bacon in a single layer onto baking sheet. Bake for about 15 to 25 minutes, or until desired crispness. Once done, set aside to cool then chop into small pieces.
2. To prepare the fudge, line a loaf pan with parchment paper, making sure to let some hang over the ends so it’s easier to remove the fudge. Set aside.
3. Mix the coconut oil, almond butter, cocoa powder, vanilla and sweetner in a stand mixer or large bowl with electric beater until smooth.
4. Add fudge mixture to the prepared loaf pan and smooth out. Sprinkle bacon and walnuts on top, gently pressing down into the fudge mixture to ensure they stick.
5. Freeze for at least 60 minutes, or until set. Once set, remove from freezer and put fudge on a cutting board. Cut into small squares and enjoy! Keep any leftovers stored in the freezer.
Join over 1 million fans
Sign-up for the Bulletproof mailing list and receive the latest news and updates!