Recipe by Gina Hill, Lectin Free Creations
This is where Miracle Rice meets up with a good ole Sweet Potato Pie and lives in perfect gut harmony forever. This shirataki rice recipe will make sure that you never get bored of your healthy eating routine. For certain, you will have something delicious to feed your gut bugs. Dr. Gundry says that these noodles really are a diet miracle at zero calories and because of the starch, glucomannan, they’re also feeding your microbiome. Your friends and family won’t believe this is healthy for you.
Miracle Noodles or shirataki noodles are low calorie, low/no carb, grain-free, lectin-free, blood sugar-friendly, gluten-free, and weight loss-friendly. Here is a video of Dr. Gundry showing you how to prepare Miracle Rice or Shirataki Noodles. Sweet potatoes and yams are also an excellent resistant starch that your good gut buddies love. I hope you enjoy this dessert any time of the year.
- 1 bag Miracle Noodle Rice, rinsed, drained and dried as directions instruct on the bag
- 1- 15 oz. can Organic Sweet Potato Puree (with zero added sugar)
- 2 Omega-3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 tsp Monk Fruit
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup Full-Fat Organic Whipping Cream for whipped topping (optional)
- 4-7 drops Lakanto Monk Fruit drops or your favorite compliant sweetener for the whipped topping (optional)
- Prepare the miracle rice as directed on the packaging. Set aside and let it cool for 5 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl on low speed, combine all ingredients except rice.
- Using a spatula, fold in the prepared and cooked miracle rice.
- Pour into a greased pie pan (use olive or coconut oil).
- Bake at 425° for 15 minutes, then reduce temperature to 350° for an additional 35 to 40 minutes. Poke the center with a fork. If the fork comes out clean, it’s fully baked.
- Cool thoroughly before serving.
- While the pie is baking, add your Full-Fat Whipping Cream to the mixing bowl. Add 4-7 drops Lakanto Monk Fruit drops or your favorite compliant sweetener. Mix on high for 3 or so minutes until it becomes nice and thick.
**This recipe was submitted by Gundry MD Ambassador Gina Hill of Lectin Free Creations and has not been tested by the Gundry MD team.
FIND THE BEST DEALS ON GUNDRY MD PRODUCTS