Share This Article
In this episode of Bulletproof Radio, I asked Dr. Michael Platt to come on the show to discuss all things adrenaline.
Dr. Platt is a board-certified in Internal Medicine and has nearly four decades of experience working with patients in varied clinical settings from medical groups to eldercare medicine to health research. He’s currently the president of Platt Wellness Center in Rancho Mirage, California, where he specializes in bio-identical hormones, hormone balancing and the causation of illness.
We talk about his focus on treating health conditions caused by excess adrenaline, which can include fibromyalgia, autism, ADHD, bipolar disorder, depression, anger, weight gain, and addictions, among others—and how progesterone plays a major role in the solution.
“What people don’t understand is that the primary reason why the body releases adrenaline is to provide fuel to the brain,” says Dr. Platt. “You can see from a survival standpoint, the body always wants to make sure the brain has enough fuel. It’s normal for people to release adrenaline at certain times, but I use the term adrenaline dominance to indicate where those people have excess amounts of adrenaline, to the point that it actually has clinical consequences.”
Our conversation covers an assortment of questions, such as:
- Is adrenal fatigue real?
- Can postpartum depression be eliminated with progesterone?
- Is fibromyalgia pain a build-up of lactic acid in the muscles?
- Is ADHD really about interest, rather than focus?
- Should you be intermittent fasting if you have excess adrenaline?
- Can you control adrenaline by controlling insulin?
- Does blocking adrenaline prevent or eliminate stress?
Listen on to find out some interesting answers to these and many other questions during our discussion.
Enjoy the show!
Follow Along with the Transcript
Book: “Adrenaline Dominance: A Revolutionary Approach to Wellness” 1st Edition
- Drug companies have no interest in keeping people healthy 00:04:40
- People with excess adrenaline shouldn’t do intermittent fasting 00:13:35
- How many ketones does someone need? 00:18:20
- Adrenal fatigue doesn’t exist 00:25:50
- Make algebra an elective! 00:31:50
- How much progesterone do you need? 00:35:15
- Bigger Ideas:
- What is adrenaline dominance? 00:07:45
- Should or shouldn’t we eat at night? 00:12:10
- How MCT oils can help with adrenaline 00:14:40
- Giving children progesterone 00:19:25
- Adrenaline and TMJ 00:23:40
- ADHD and successful people 00:29:15
- Why do some people have excess adrenaline? 00:33:00
- How insulin effects ageing 00:37:30
- Progesterone for PTSD and TBIs 00:43:30
- Creative people and drug use 00:47:15
- POTS and adrenaline 00:51:40
- All about Fen-Phen 00:54:15
- Where on the body to put progesterone 00:59:15
If you like today’s episode, check us out on Apple Podcasts at Bulletproof.com/apple and leave us a 5-star rating and a creative review.