Share This Article
There’s a big mistake that most doctors make with their patients: We NEVER talk about poop.
That’s because this one topic can make people feel embarrassed, uncomfortable, and maybe even a little bit sick.
But poop is incredibly important for your health.
That’s why on today’s episode of The Dr. Gundry Podcast, I’m talking poop!
You’re going to hear answers to questions you might have always wondered about — but were too embarrassed to ask. So if you want to know what poop is made of, what healthy poop looks like, and why “floaters” are a sign of bad health, then you need to tune in to this episode.
I’m also going to teach you the foods you need to eat for healthy bowel movements, which foods you MUST avoid, and why one popular leafy vegetable is like a “ticking time bomb” for diarrhea.
So even if this topic makes you a little squeamish, don’t skip this episode — believe me, your “gut buddies” will thank you later.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- The TRUTH about what’s in your poop — and what it can tell you about your health (1:45)
- My “anaconda” method for recognizing a healthy poop (4:15)
- What “floating poop” says about your diet — you might be missing THIS (5:30)
- The surprising reason why most people quickly lose 4-5 pounds on a 3-day water fast (6:45)
- The “backyard toxin” that’s threatening your fragile gut bacteria (10:15)
- Why eating this one “health food” is like “swallowing razor blades” (12:30)
- What traditional Africans knew about diet and healthy eating that Westerners didn’t (14:00)
- The REAL number of bowel movements you should be having every day (16:30)
- 3 simple (and cheap) additions you can make to your diet for bigger, smoother bowel movements (18:15)
- Why this one trendy vegetable is NOT your friend (22:30)
- The crazy reason why poop can make a lean person fat and a fat person lean (28:45)
- How “crapsules” could be a game changer for children on the autism spectrum (31:00)
- A simple reason why you don’t actually need a “toilet stool” for proper pooping (35:00)
- The brain-boosting nutrient that’s abundant in this controversial breakfast food (36:00)
- Why you might never need toilet paper again (seriously!) (38:15)
Mentioned on this episode:
If you like this episode, you may also enjoy: