In this special episode of Bulletproof Radio, microbiologist and geneticist David Sinclair, Ph.D., gives a thoroughly researched perspective on the coronavirus, plus concrete steps you can take and lifestyle changes you can make to potentially lower your own risk.
We cover food, fasting and fitness. A range of supplements. The research behind and benefits of a vaccine, the red tape of regulation, availability of home test kits, and much more.
David is a professor in the department of Genetics at Harvard Medical School and founding director of the Paul F. Glenn Center for the Biological Mechanisms of Aging at Harvard. He’s best known for his extensive research on lifespan extension and treatment of diseases for aging. He’s an award-winning researcher whose work on resveratrol, NAD, and reprogramming to reverse aging have been widely hailed as major scientific breakthroughs.
“Before this [coronavirus] happened, it was pretty obvious to me as someone who was already working in a company that was detecting viruses that these things were going to attack,” David says.
Listen on for an in-depth discussion of recent coronavirus research and the COVID-19 strain that’s making its way around the world.
Enjoy the show!
Follow Along with the Transcript
- Is this as big a threat as we think it is? 05:50
- How fast does this move 08:25
- Get out and move and stop eating sugar 09:20
- How do you make yourself stronger against this virus? 12:30
- Kryptonite foods 15:10
- Benefits of Vitamin D 19:10
- Resveratrol 21:00
- NAD is also confusing 24:40
- What are the most important affordable supplements to take? 26:00
- Covid vaccines 37:00
- Natural immunity 43:00
- Cannabis – good or bad? 46:50
- Let’s talk about sleep 48:30
- Are there concerns about testing? 51:00
- What is this virus going to do to society? 59:00
Go check out my new book “Super Human: The Bulletproof Plan to Age Backward and Maybe Even Live Forever“ and also “Game Changers“, “Headstrong” and “The Bulletproof Diet” on Amazon and consider leaving a review!
If you like today’s episode, check us out on Apple Podcasts at Bulletproof.com/apple and leave us a 5-star rating and a creative review.