Recipe provided by Grass Roots Farmers’ Cooperative
The meat is tender and flavorful in this quick and easy Instant Pot meal prep chicken recipe. The sauce is an irresistible combination of sweet and salty, thanks to the raw honey and coconut aminos. This recipe is perfect for meal prep: Divide it into four servings and store in separate containers in the fridge. Serve this chicken with some steamed veggies and cauliflower rice, or add to a keto coconut flour tortilla with creamy slices of avocado for a delicious and satisfying meal.
In partnership with Grass Roots Farmers Cooperative, this savory, tangy dish is sure to become a weeknight staple.
Instant Pot Meal Prep Chicken
Start to Finish: 25 minutes
- 2 packages of Grass Roots chicken legs
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1/4 cup of chicken bone broth
- 2 tbs raw honey
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 1 clove of garlic, minced (optional)
- 1 inch of fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- Chopped cilantro (optional for serving)
- Turn the Instant Pot to saute mode. When hot, add avocado oil. Season the chicken with salt. Add the chicken to the pot skin side down, working in batches so you don’t overcrowd and cook for about 2 minutes, or until skin is lightly browned. Turn over and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Change the Instant Pot setting to manual high pressure. Add the remaining ingredients and mix together with the chicken. Put the lid on the top, lock, and seal it.
- Set the timer for 12 minutes and cook. When time is up, let the pot naturally release for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, open the pot. Use two forks to shred the chicken. Remove the chicken bones and discard.
- Add the chicken and sauce to individual serving containers. Top with green onions and cilantro if desired.
Serves: 4 servings
Nutritional Information (per serving):
- Calories: 256
- Fat: 15g
- Salt: 129mg
- Carbs: 6.5g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Sugar: 4.4g
- Protein: 33g
- Net Carbs: 6.3g
- Vitamin D: 0mcg
- Calcium: 21mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Potassium: 296mg
Join over 1 million fans
Sign-up for the Bulletproof mailing list and receive the latest news and updates!