Click here, or use the ‘contact’ button in the free Ben Greenfield Life app.
Before asking your question, search in the upper right-hand corner of this website for the keywords associated with your question. Many of the questions we receive have already been answered here at Ben Greenfield Life!
I. Questions about Feel Free Tonic
–The safety and proper usage of Feel Free Tonic…07:21
- Khalil Rafati at Sunlife Organics handed Ben this drink in a blue bottle, which he called a “euphoric plant tonic”
- Get the good effects of alcohol without getting drunk
- Feel Free Tonic
- Ben started drinking a bottle every few days, then 1 bottle a day, then 5-6 bottles a day leading up to the interview with JW Ross:
- Had stomach issues like constipation and even hemorrhoids once when he exceeded 2 bottles a day
-What is Feel Free Tonic made of?…09:44
- Primary active ingredients:
- Kratom is from Indonesia
- Controversial due to legality issues as a supplement additive in the U.S.
- Used for working long days and having fun doing it; similar to cocoa leaves; good for pain
- Kratom products in the West are not in their pure form, they are used more for getting high than for any real health benefits
- Once you heavily concentrate the extract from kratom, it tends to be way too strong for your liver and results in high test results for heavy metals
- People in Vietnam, Malaysia, and Indonesia have used kratom their whole lives and are perfectly fine
- Coffee-like extract that comes in different strains
- Kava is from Vanuatu
- Ben likes to think of it as a “Hawaiian weed”
- Many people consider it to be euphoric
- Has heart-opening effects like a psychedelic
- Feel Free has a ratio of 5 parts kava, 1 part kratom
- Other ingredients in Feel Free:
- Pineapple juice – for Vitamin C
- Coconut cream – for better delivery of fat-soluble compounds across the blood-brain barrier
- M Stevia leaf (Reb M/Rebaudioside M) – does not have the aftertaste of ordinary stevia
- BGL podcasts on kratom and kava:
- Ben understands why kratom is not disclosed by the manufacturer because it’s hard to market
- Mind Bullet
- BASE blood test for liver enzyme evaluation; Ben regularly gets his blood checked and was watching out for elevated liver enzymes
- Ben has had a lot of Feel Free over the last few months with negligible changes in liver enzyme markers
-Ben Greenfield’s review of Feel Free…13:02
- You usually will start feeling its effects after about 15-20 minutes, and the euphoric feeling lasts for 3-4 hours
- Ben stopped taking it cold turkey for a few weeks after the interview with JW Ross because he probably took more than what’s recommended and experienced withdrawal symptoms, just like from any stimulant
- Ben now consumes around 5 bottles a week, or 1 bottle every day and a half
- CYP enzymes in the liver help metabolize kratom
- Consumption recommendations on the website:
- Causes of ill effects after drinking Feel Free:
- You’re drinking way more than the recommended amount
- You’re a poor metabolizer of kratom
- When you already have a compromised liver, gall bladder, and/or gut, have yourself tested
- Think about this:
- A glass of wine is good, but you’re kind of a dummy if you drink a bottle of wine
- Weed is relaxing, but if you decide to get blasted and go into full couch lock mode, that’s your problem
- Running is good for you, but if you decide to go pound 20 miles, don’t complain afterward that you aren’t feeling good
- The dose is the poison
- The ultimate takeaway – if you drink it, stop every once in a while
II. Questions about Plant Medicines…18:23
-Recurring questions on why Ben Greenfield does not recommend plant medicines anymore
- BGL podcast with Josh Trent:
- BGL articles on plant medicines:
- Synthetic compounds that :
- Do not seem to involve as much dark spiritual energy, yet allow for the same type of mind expansion and altered thinking patterns that one might want for a business or a personal breakthrough
- Merging of left and right brain hemispheric activity that puts the ego on the backburner
- Allow you to experience what you may be looking for with plant medicines, but without the side effects, like the presence of other spirits
- Ben had a session with a facilitator
- Motor function was impaired as expected, similar to taking psilocybin, LSD, Ayahuasca, or ketamine
- The experience was controllable, especially breathing
- No dark energy at all
- The experience was similar to taking a nootropic or a smart drug and losing motor functions a little bit but turning the brain into a 20x supercomputer
- Ben was fully aware and was able to journal ideas afterward
IV. Experimenting With High-Dose Proteolytic Enzymes and Ben’s Thoughts on Kion Flex…24:03
V. Looking, Feeling, and Performing Amazing: 25 Health Tips from Dr. Mercola…32:27
- Timed restricted eating for metabolic flexibility
- For men -12 to 16 hours without eating, every day
- For pre-menopausal women – 10 to 12 hours without eating, every day
- Ruthlessly eliminate all seed oils from your diet, period. If exposed:
- Incorporate blood flow restriction training regularly –
- Regular sunlight exposure is way more important than vitamin D intake – anywhere from 20 minutes to two hours
- Donate blood regularly; test your blood regularly
- Endurance exercise to get rid of iron
- Eat adequate protein
- Drink hydrogen-rich water every day
- Sleep enough
- Minimize EMF exposure – EMF*D
- Get rid of all your nonstick cookware
- Address high blood pressure
- Stop tech from surveilling you by protecting your privacy – use DuckDuckGo as your search engine and use Brave as your browser
- Use melatonin regularly
- Use methylene blue regularly
- High collagen intake/high amino acids intake
- Be prepared for emergencies – food, water supply, weapons, self-defense, and survival (get a bug out bag)
- High-dose digestive enzyme intake
- Regular vitamin C protocol
- B vitamins for brain health
- Don’t be afraid of cholesterol
- Use Quercetin
- Care for your brain
- Astaxanthin (a red pigment that belongs to a group of chemicals called carotenoids)
VI. Vibration training…45:17
- Runga: October 13th-15th, 2022 (Austin, TX). This is the one event every year that I never miss. Join myself and my family to tap into your full potential over three days of fully immersive programming and therapies. Gourmet organic chef-prepared meals, live podcast recordings, and personalized health consulting make this a once-in-a-lifetime experience. There are only fifty spots available, so claim yours today here.
- Wild Health Awake + Aware Principles: October 22nd, 2022 (Lexington, KY). Join me for a one-day intensive experience where I will guide you through a series of interactive lectures that explore purpose, meaning, and spiritual health. VIP guests will also join me on an immersive walk through nature and intimate dinner. Learn more here.
- Keep up on Ben’s LIVE appearances by following bengreenfieldfitness.com/calendar!
Endure: Check out Ben’s latest book. A sequel to the wildly popular book Fit Soul, Endure, written and inspired by the author Ben Greenfield’s personal temptations, struggles, and failures, and informed by what he’s studied and learned along the way, will serve as a key resource and guide for that very preparation.
Check out Ben on Instagram for epic posts and photos about his morning, day, and evening routines, recipes, and much more!
Follow Ben on Twitter for daily news flashes and the latest health, fitness, and anti-aging research.
Join Ben’s Facebook page for conversations with listeners and even more useful information, posts, and support!
Also, you can now find Ben on Gettr and TikTok!
-Lucy Nicotine Gum: If you are looking for a cleaner and tastier alternative to other nicotine products, this product is for you. To save 20% on any order, just use discount code BEN20.
-HVMN: Visit hvmn.me/beng and use code BENG20 for 20% off any purchase of Ketone-IQ️ an exclusive offer for podcast listeners.
-JOOVV. Get an exclusive discount on your first order. Just go Joovv.com/ben and apply my code BEN to your qualifying order.
-Thrive Market: Join Thrive Market today and get eighty dollars in free groceries!
-Vuori: Get yourself some of the most comfortable and versatile clothing on the planet. Not only will you receive 20% off your first purchase, but enjoy free shipping on any U.S. orders over $75 and free returns.