Recipe and Images by Jordan Pie
These Paleo Chocolate Chip Peppermint Cookies are crunchy on the outside, yet soft and gooey on the inside from the rich chocolate chunks. You’d never know they’re gluten free, grain free, and paleo. As quick and easy as this recipe is, here are a few extra tips on how to get the perfect Choc Chip Peppermint Cookie every time.
These are not drop cookies so you can’t just scoop them into a mound onto the baking tray and let them melt into the perfect cookie shape. They need to be shaped and moulded before they go into the oven as they’ll only melt slightly. The cookies will also feel a little oily when you begin to roll and shape them with your fingers. This is completely normal and it will all get absorbed once they’ve cooked. And lastly, add a little extra chopped chocolate to the tops of each cookie before baking because it not only makes it look better, but taste better too!
Paleo Chocolate Chip Peppermint Cookies
Start to Finish: 45 minutes
- 2 heaped cups blanched organic almond meal
- 2-3 tbsp grass-fed Bulletproof Ghee or butter
- 3 tbsp Bulletproof Collagen Protein
- 1/2 – 3/4 block of Bulletproof Chocolate or other dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup of birch tree-sourced xylitol or Lakanto
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- A pinch of salt
- 6 drops high quality peppermint essential oil (or to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/340°F. Grease and line a baking tray with parchment paper
- Add the almond meal, collagen, 1/3 cup sweetener of your choice, salt and baking powder into a bowl.
- Pour the apple cider vinegar directly on top of the baking powder and allow it to react (it will go fizzy).
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl and stir to combine evenly.
- Taste the dough and add a little more sweetness or peppermint oil to taste if desired.
- Begin rolling the mixture into balls and place them onto the lined baking tray.
- Press the balls as flat as you like, they won’t rise much, so if you like them softer and chewier keep them quite full. However, if you like a crunchier cookie, press them quite flat using your hands to shape them. Sprinkle or press a little extra chocolate on top of each cookie.
- Place the cookies in the and allow them to cool. Store in an airtight container when completely cooled.
Serves: 10-12 cookies
Nutritional Information (1 cookie):
- Total Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 19mg
- Sodium: 38mg
- Total Carbs: 4.7g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.4g
- Sugars: .6g
- Sugar Alcohols: .67g
- Net Carbs: 1.6g
- Protein: 4.5g
- Vitamin A 2%
- Vitamin C 1%
- Calcium 5%
- Iron 10%
Join over 1 million fans
Sign-up for the Bulletproof mailing list and receive the latest news and updates!