Today’s episode is Part 2 of my talk at the Health Optimisation Summit, recently held in London by noted UK biohacker and media personality Tim Gray.
The Health Optimisation Summit brings together the best from all the key diets, and everything in the health, wellbeing, medical, nutrition, biohacking, and fitness worlds, with the view not to push one mindset, but to incorporate them all with the sole goal of making people healthier–using whichever mindset or ‘diet’ is best for the individual.
When I interviewed Tim Gray recently, on the podcast episode “How UK’s Leading Biohacker Eats, Drinks, & Optimizes His Life: An Interview With Tim Gray,” I got a sneak peek into what his life looks like, from his fitness and nutrition routines to his sexiest biohacks.
At this year’s Summit, Tim turned the tables and actually asked me to present on “A Day in the Life of Ben Greenfield.” At first, I thought I’d be struggling to fill the time slot with just my “average day,” but then as I thought about all the hacks, routines, and rituals I do throughout my days that are now more or less automatic for me but likely something you’ll be quite interested in, I realized it might not be quite as simple as it sounds!
In this episode, we pick up where we left off last time, and go on to talk about the importance of family time at the end of the day, finishing the day with purpose, and we even had time left at the end to answer a few questions from members of the audience.
Remember, if you haven’t yet, I highly recommend you listen to Part 1 of this series, either before or after this episode!
In this episode, you’ll discover:
-How Ben makes the most of the mid-day siesta…07:41
-Ben’s favorite workouts throughout the day…17:25
-Building a family legacy…23:49
- Not raising children, raising your grandchildren
- Legado Family
- Flag, crest, 7 family principles
- Boundless Parenting by Ben Greenfield
- Family dinner is a big party
- Board and card games:
- Buy a new board game each month
-Eating practices at the end of the day…34:11
- Consume most carbs at dinner
- Carbs are an up regulator of melatonin
- Glucose disposal agent (GDA) before dinner:
- Chia seed slurry recipe:
- Should kids do strength training?
- Tips on post-surgery recovery?
- Biohacking on a budget?
- Thoughts on devices with bluetooth capabilities?
- Devices should have airplane mode
- What to use when sleeping in a tent?
- Socializing while homeschooling kids?
- Is your purpose in life always connected to your passion?
- Why do you advocate a low-protein diet?
- 0.55-0.8 g of protein per pound of body weight
- What will Ben be doing 10 years from now?
- How to recover from vaccine side effects
-And much more…!
Resources mentioned in this episode:
– Other Resources:
–Timeline Nutrition: Timeline is offering 10% off your first order of Mitopure. Go to timelinenutrition.com/BEN and use code BEN to get 10% off your order.
–Organifi Red Juice: Enjoy all the benefits of the 11 superfoods and their micronutrients that help increase resting metabolism, support cardiovascular health, and remove toxins to turn back the hands of time! Receive a 20% discount on your entire order when you use discount code BENG20.
–Kion Aminos: Building blocks for muscle recovery, reduced cravings, better cognition, immunity, and more.
–Willo: Willo lets members tailor their experience to suit their taste and wellness preferences. Members can even monitor the progress of their produce each step along the way. Use code BEN20 for 20% off.
–Nootopia: experience your best mood and mental performance with personalized Nootropics. Enter code BEN10 for a 10% discount.
Got a question or feedback for me about today’s episode? Leave a comment below, and I’ll reply!