In this premium podcast episode, recorded with Melanie Sliwka of SEALFit, you’ll discover the following:
-Branched chain amino acids a game-changer for performance…4:00
- Issues: they don’t repair muscle mass, and spike blood sugar
- I’m a fan of essential aminos: simple but effective
-What I would personally do if I needed to thrive on a vegetarian diet…8:30
-My thoughts on the ketogenic diet…15:00
- It’s not always wise because of one’s genetics
- Hormonal deficits and thyroid issues
- Carb refeeds for athletes
- Can induce short-term insulin resistance
- Down regulation of glycogen synthase enzyme (can be used in your favor)
-How to enhance your mitochondria…23:30
- Treat your body as a human battery that’s charging
-And much more!
Resources from this episode:
–Kion: My personal playground for new supplement formulations, Kion blends ancestral wisdom with modern science. Ben Greenfield Fitness listeners receive a 10% discount off your entire order when you use discount code: BGF10.