Oreo Milkshake recipe and content provided by Sheridan Austin
You’d be hard-pressed to find a better combo. Creamy, dairy-free ice-cream is sprinkled with thick chunks of homemade, sugar-free Oreos for a decadent treat, minus the guilt. Eat it with a spoon or make it more of a milkshake, slurping it up with a straw. If you can tolerate eggs, use the Bulletproof classic ice-cream recipe instead for an equally delicious option.
Sugar-Free Dairy-Free Oreo Milkshake
- 1 cup soaked cashews for (soak in water and a dash of apple cider vinegar for 3-6 hours)
- 2 ½ cups thick coconut cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- ½ tablespoon gelatin (or 1 tablespoon Collagelatin)
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 2 tablespoons ghee or coconut oil (or 1 tablespoon Brain Octane and 1 tablespoon ghee or coconut oil)
- 2 tablespoons Lakanto or Erythritol
OPTIONAL – 5 Oreo biscuits (find the recipe here)
- Combine the cold water and gelatin, and set aside to bloom.
- Once the cashews have soaked, add them to your blender to blend down slightly.
- Add the boiling water to the gelatin mix and stir to combine.
- Add all of the ingredients to your blender and blend until completely smooth, though be careful not to over blend as coconut cream can separate, so aim for no more than 1 minute.
- Place the mixture in your ice-cream maker and churn until it is thick and creamy.
- If adding Oreos, break them apart and gently mix into the ice-cream.
Serves: 5 servings of ice-cream
Nutritional Information (per serving):
- Calories: 487
- Fat: 46.8g
- Salt: 24mg
- Carbs: 15.8g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Sugar: 5.6g
- Protein: 7.5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Potassium: 473mg
- Vitamin D: 0mcg
- Calcium: 4mg
- Iron: 4mg
Note on ingredients: Except for coconut, all nuts are considered “suspect” on the Bulletproof Diet because of their high levels of omega-6 fats that can oxidize and contribute to inflammation. Nuts are also susceptible to mold and contain lectins, nutrient-sapping compounds that can be tough on your gut. Use nuts in moderation, or remove them from your diet and reintroduce in small amounts to test your sensitivity.
Join over 1 million fans
Sign-up for the Bulletproof mailing list and receive the latest news and updates!