…Joe Polish, considered “the most connected person on the planet,” shares networking strategies that help you get what you want by giving people what they want.
Dave Asprey recently connected with Joe in person to talk about Joe’s new book so you can use nine genius principles to turn your business—and your personal relationships—around.
If you’re not asking “what’s in it for them?” when it comes to the people in your life—clients, colleagues, family and friends—you’re missing some important opportunities.
Here are a few things you’ll learn from Joe’s new book, “What’s in It for Them?: 9 Genius Networking Principles to Get What You Want by Helping Others Get What They Want,” as a how-to guide:
- Deepen rapport and connect with others by identifying and reducing their suffering.
“Most bonding is made when you can resonate and you can connect on either some sort of mutual suffering, or the ability to have empathy for pain,” Joe says. “You’re able to step into that relationship and first relate to it (suffering or pain) and then actually help to eliminate it, reduce it or sit with it.”
- Update Dale Carnegie’s insights to win the right friends and influence the right people.
- Overcome others’ intimidation tactics to find true appreciation in relationships.
- Build character for better results than capabilities can ever give on their own.
- Use basic marketing principles to find true love.
- Protect your efforts from the “takers” of the world
Joe did the hard work to heal from trauma and overcome addiction. He then spent years developing a genuine and generous approach to networking and building rapport. This approach propelled his business and led him to develop the Genius Network, one of the world’s most impactful networking groups for high-achieving entrepreneurs.