I receive plenty of questions about peptides and SARMs, including:
-How do peptides work?
-What is the safety/side effects of peptides?
-What are the best anti-aging peptides?
-What are the best fat loss and muscle gain peptides?
-What are the best recovery peptides?
-What peptides work for cognition and neural enhancement?
-How do you properly mix and administer peptides?
-Do peptides need to be “cycled”?
My guest on today’s show, Jean-François Tremblay, comes highly recommended by former podcast guest and regenerative medicine physician Dr. Matt Cook as one of the world’s leading experts on the wonderful world of peptides and SARMs.
Dr. Tremblay studied exercise physiology, biochemistry, and pharmacology. He has been investigating (in theory and in practice) peptides and SARMs since the 1990s and now makes peptides his main research subject. He has developed a wealth of expertise on peptides and SARMs and their practical applications in sports performance, anti-aging, and health in general.
During my discussion with Jean-François Tremblay, you’ll discover:
-The science of peptides and how they work…5:55
- Amino acids linked together
- Growth hormone contains 191 amino acids
- When enough peptides link together, it becomes a protein
- Demystifying some of the myths surrounding peptides:
- They must be refrigerated at all times (only for certain peptides)
- Methionine bonds
- Most peptides are long chain, stable at room temp,
- More sensitive to light than heat (degradation more likely result of overexposure to light than heat)
- The “local effect” (BPC 157 and TB 500)
-The pros and cons of various means of injecting peptides…15:15
- Intra-nasal absorption is not 100%; however, what is injected has a better chance of reaching the brain
- Originally researched in USSR during the Cold War
- Russians are meticulous in their research; however, lacking in ethics
- Icarus documentary
- Researched on humans before other animals; published only after testing on animals
-Peptide safety and side effects of use…21:30
- Worst-case scenario of “overdosing” on peptides is that it simply doesn’t work; no notable negative side effects
- Not the case with nootropics; you’re messing with the brain’s chemistry
- Bottom line: Don’t throw caution to the wind. Be aware of proper dosages and administer correctly to the best of your knowledge
-Legality and sourcing issues with peptides…32:15
- 99% of them come from China (even if the label says “Made in the USA”)
- Chinese government dictates who produces what, such as peptides
- Chinese company released a growth hormone which was very effective, then replaced it with another (under the same name) that had negative side effects
- Scandinavian company was dishonest about dosage of melanotan (5 mg when advertised as 10 mg)
- There are only a couple of sources, albeit distributed by many different brands
- The bacteriostatic water included with the peptide should be crystal clear when it’s added
- There’s a reason for the high cost: equipment, repairs, etc.
-Whether peptides need to be “cycled” in their use…44:00
- Some, yes. It depends on the peptide
- Effect of BPC-157 lasts around 6 hours
- Effect of TB-500 lasts 10-15 days, but it’s out of your system in 12 hours
-Recommended anti-aging peptides…49:30
-The best peptides for fat loss…58:38
- There is no “magic pill”
- Take care of the low hanging fruit: exercise, diet, etc.
- Tesamorelin (Egrifta)
- CJC-1295 (no dac version)
-Recommended peptides for muscle gain…1:02:45
- Nothing for non-competitive use
- Requires strict discipline and patience; marginal results at best
-Jean-François’ peptide regimen…1:04:51
- DSIP (affects the delta phase of sleep only)
- TB-500 (once a month)
- BPC-157 (once every couple of months)
- Thymus (timalin or vilon) twice a year
- Semax very occasionally
-And much more…
Resources from this episode:
–Dr. Seed’s Oral BPC-157 (use code BEN for 15% off )
–Kion: My personal playground for new supplement formulations. Ben Greenfield Fitness listeners receive a 10% discount off your entire order when you use discount code: BGF10.
–JOOVV: After using the Joovv for close to 2 years, it’s the only light therapy device I’d ever recommend. Give it a try: you won’t be disappointed. Order using my link and receive a nice bonus gift with your order!
–Birdwell Beach Britches: Quality is our Gimmick isn’t just our slogan, it’s a commitment we honor with every stitch we sew. 100% money back guarantee. Get 10% off your order, PLUS free shipping on any order over $99 when you use discount code: BENG.
Do you have questions, thoughts or feedback for Jean or me? Leave your comments below and one of us will reply!